Halloween is looming, and what better way to celebrate than to run a competition? Gather round the fireplace, bring those marshmallows, and think of the happiest memories you have as a child…
That’s right. I want you to think of your favourite things ever – and ruin it. The much-loved chatter topics of childhood – annihilated. The dreams and hopes – crushed.
Starting October 9th, once a week, every week on a Sunday, you will be given a prompt related to childhood. You will have time until the next prompt is released to write your heart’s darkest desire. I want you to give it a horrible twist and ruin it forever. The more twisted, the better.
- There will be a series of 4 prompts leading up to October
- Word count: ~2k
- Individual short stories
- You don’t have to participate in all four prompts, but the more you do, the higher you potentially score
- Judges: the queen of darkness, horror, and poetry ~~NYHTERIDES~~, and moi
- BRAGGING RIGHTS
- A promotion on my blog, The Frog Blog
- Shout-out on my profile to all my followers about you and your twisted mind
- Detailed critique on all four of your entries
- A copy of Nyhterides’s Goblin Garden – you know, in case your mind isn’t dark enough as it is