My name is Katrin “Kat” Hollister, 25 years old and a British doctor based in Hong Kong. I’m a fantasy writer with free books posted on Wattpad and I love art, video gaming, and baking. I’ll happily waste a day on DOTA2 or Final Fantasy games, or doing sketches and painting.
Welcome to the Frog Blog, where I blog about my experience of writing. I may blog about personal stuff occasionally but I’m aiming for most of the contents to be writing-related. I love sweet things and llamas.
I started writing when I was about eleven, enamoured with adventure stories of young children by the likes of Enid Blyton, J.K. Rowling, and Philip Pullman. I wanted to be an artist when I grew up. That aspiration turned to being a chef, a fashion designer, a news reporter, a shopkeeper, and then went onto medical school at my parents’ behest, completing my foundation training in the UK. I think being a full-time writer is probably still a little out of my league.
When I was thirteen, I moved onto writing fanfiction before playing with original fiction. My first attempt at writing a full-length novel was when I was fifteen, depicting three young assassins-in-training gifted with elemental powers and so far, their adventures are still sitting strong at 800k words and probably my worst work to date, given the amateur skills at that point. My first completed novel, “Seeker”, was when I was sixteen years old, which is now rewritten six years after its completion.
My story collection:
– Rune Mage (Fantasy/Adventure) [Complete]
– March City: The Land of the Gifted (Fantasy/Sci-fi) [Complete]
– Seeker: Demon Killers (Fantasy/Action) [Complete]
– Rise of the Vengeful Dragon (Fantasy/Adventure) [Complete]
– The Windcaster (Fantasy/Adventure) [Complete]
– My Nightmares: A Collection of Short Horror Stories
– Tear Drops and Ink: A Collection of Short General Fiction Stories
– Frog Land: Contest Entries and Shorts (Random)